In2Skills – Front Desk Administrator
Play a key role in contributing to the UK’s economic recovery, as ‘Restart’ is a cornerstone of the Governments ‘Plan for Jobs’ strategy.
The role will help Restart the working lives of many individuals who have become unemployed, because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19. Providing a tailored employment support service to individuals to ensure no one is left behind as we help our communities build back better.
Restart will address the barriers to gaining new employment with tailored support for each individual to achieve and sustain good work, including supported job search, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
You will be responsible for making sure that every customer contacting or visiting In2Skills receives the very best service, every time.
Be proud to help our communities build back better, to ensure no one is left behind.
The requirement of this role will be for a ‘face-to-face’ service.
- Front of house reception assisting with day to day enquires face to face, via email and over the telephone
- Greeting, assisting and signposting visitors
- Recording and passing on messages, open post and support with the administering of petty cash and postage claims and maintain appropriate records of the final transactions.
- Undertake a range of IT related tasks, including word processing, data input and setting up of spreadsheets and other IT systems.
- Undertake a range of clerical duties including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, photocopying, filing and other activities to support the central administration team as requested.
- Booking of meeting rooms for staff members and dealing with refreshments as requested.
- Ensure all visitors comply with In2skills signing in and out procedures including the issuing of visitor badges.
- Ensures best practice is adhered to and championed.
- Is prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the role, including any necessary travel and overnight stays.
- Accountable for own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in the Performance Review process.
- To handle personal data in accordance with the organisation’s data protection policy.
- Actively participate in, and promote Prevent and the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures always, including Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety and IT.
- To undertake any other duties, as required, appropriate to the post.
In2Skills is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Qualifications & Experience
- Good level IT skills in a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
- Level 2 English and Maths or equivalent.
- Experience of providing good customer service.
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area, when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently.
- Capability to work under pressure.
- High level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems.
- Competent and confident to engage with stakeholders and deal with general enquires.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the job with reasonable adjustments when necessary.
- Accountable for own professional development and to undertake necessary training as identified in the Performance Review process
- Prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the role, including any necessary travel across a regional area.
- Will to Succeed
- Getting things done
- Customer/Service User Focus
- Learns Continuously
Starting in 2016 as a skills-based training company in East Sussex, In2Skills remains 100% committed to its core value of helping people to find brighter futures.
Over time, In2Skills has developed our model by building programmes that provide people with the support they need to overcome the obstacles life can put in their way. These programmes offer a flexible route into work, with training, for anyone unemployed or not in education, with rolling start dates. We offer a variety of training courses, which can be combined to find the right package for any individual. Each of these courses are vocational – preparing learners for jobs, for careers. One of the key values of our approach is the way we have partnered with businesses to find work placements. Learners gain experience, a framework in which to place their newly-acquired learning, vital life-skills, and, often, a reference to use for the future.
At In2Skills, we have always fully embraced the latest and best technology to support learners. This helped us to adapt to delivering great-quality learning in lockdown, as in life.
Our staff, our tutors and the whole team, share are passion for people and for lifelong learning. Our learners are all different but getting to know them and making a difference in their lives – this is what motivates In2Skills to keep growing – to keep supporting more people.
We are certified as a Disability Confident Committed organisation. Our leadership team includes mental-health first aid trained people. Mental Health awareness is a foundation underpinning our support services.